Currency Converter

Amount:
To:
Currency conversion powered by coinmill.com.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Sony DSC T10

The Sony DSC T10 is a very stylish, pocket sized digital camera. It is available in black, silver and pink. I must admit I cannot recall too many pink cameras, so if pink is a colour you have been waiting for then this camera could be the one for you.I would describe the camera as sleek and it is one of the more stylish pocket sized models. As with other Sony cameras in this range you do need to pay a premium to buy the DSC T10 and it is one of the more expensive cameras of its type. It is just over 20mm wide. That places it amongst the slimmest models available and you should have no problem slipping it into a pocket. The lens is integral and is protected by a lens cover. Sliding the lens cover down turns the camera on. This helps to accentuate the camera's design even when it is in use. Cameras like this one are pretty easy to operate. The DSC T10 has a fairly standard set of features and I have always liked the menu system that Sony use. It is just a case of running through the menu to find the option you would like to use. There is very little hidden away out of sight. Most of the key controls can be found on the back of the camera reducing the number of times you need to dive into the menu. Features such as zoom, flash macro, self timer and shooting a movie are all controlled through buttons and sliders. Although image stabilisation is becoming an increasingly common feature it has yet to become the standard on these smaller models. This is probably because greater benefits come with longer lenses. Even so it is always a useful addition and can help you to take sharper photos, especially in lowlight. Don't expect miracles though! You will find a rechargeable battery and charger in the box. Sony estimate that the DSC T10 should be good for around 250 shots before the battery needs to be recharged. Whether or not you get anywhere near that number of shots per charge depends to a degree on how you use the camera. Features like flash, photo review and movie making can all contribute to the battery running down more quickly. Another small bonus is the fact that Sony have built 56mb of memory into the camera. This compares well with other brands were you may only find 8mb of storage built in. Before you can get really serious with this camera you will still need to buy a higher capacity memory card, but at least it is enough to get you started and give the camera a test run. When you do buy a card it needs to be a Memory Stick Duo card. You will have a choice between standard and pro versions. In all likelihood you will struggle to notice a great deal of difference when it comes to the performance of the standard and pro cards. One area where the difference may be more noticeable is in the quality of any movies you record. You can also buy third party brand memory stick duo cards such as those made by Sandisk and Lexar.

No comments: